Technology testing for security is very important, but so is the process of testing on all levels of your organization when it comes to protecting and managing your company’s data. Information security breaches are an everyday threat that must be reviewed and remediated on a regular basis. Information systems security is both technical and process controlled.
In-house Information Security Assessment
Keeping digital information secure is not just protecting digital information from hackers. It requires day-to-day maintenance, activity logging, and documentation tasks to ensure that all aspects of the digital information media is safe and sound.
Through interview meetings with your support departments, assessment plans are formulated. Having these teams fill out information on important existing controls to verify they’re function and existence gives strong value to the review.
Survey Assessments – PBC
Provided-By-Client (PBC) survey report is very helpful in identifying policy or procedure weaknesses you may have in your organization when it comes to validating your information security services. This questionnaire requires sampling artifacts to help validate the security control procedure is in place. This is a standard practice in help identifying breach of information security procedure potentials.
PBC survey questionnaire (sample):
- Security policies (including acceptable use, password, remote access, and perimeter security policies)
- User access setup and termination policies and procedures
- Screen print or system-generated list of:
1) Network Admins
2) Admins supporting applications in-scope for the review
3) Admins managing databases
4) On-site temporary Contractors with group privileges
- Computer-generated user access and roles reports
- List of users from all departments or consulting firms permission to data altering utilities or functionality
- Information security analyst list with high access clearance
- Information security consultants list and current account status
It’s a fact-finding testing survey like this that can help your management and support departments pause to take a moment and evaluate your current controls. Effective infrastructure departments require reviews to help analyze existing workflows and current procedures. These teams use this opportunity to think about how to improve their existing security controls.
A detailed GAP analysis review report from process findings lead to improvement initiatives and best practices that your company can benefit from within a manageable time frame.
Benefits from Information Security Audits
By taking time to use information security consulting providers like CyberSec, the more your business and support teams will benefit greatly by the experience.
Some of the immediate benefits will be:
- Creating and managing information security assessment policies
- Getting a custom-fitted defensive methodology for your current framework
- Identifying individual account roles and responsibilities thanks to your findings from your assessment
- Creating a plan that will give guidance on determining which platforms to always focus on for periodic assessments
- Creating and supporting an assessment plan that implements procedure validations
- Develop incident workflow escalation mappings to mitigate real-time risks or security flaws
- Identify and improve technical concerns such as storage, log collections, transmission frequency, and data-qualified for destruction
- Getting a dashboard security report addressing all of your information security risk prevention needs
- Information security risk analysis process creation
- Using information security laws and regulations updated to match up with current security objectives
- Creating information security auditing solutions to use in alert notifications and escalation
White Hat Methodology
White Hat testing covers all areas of scanning and penetration testing with the full knowledge of activities and objectives agreed by the information security consultant and their client. Since the client is fully aware of the engagement, they can both participate as well as gauge procedure performances during the evaluation exercise.
Black Hat Methodology
The Black Hat practice is testing your current information security solutions pretending to be an actual cyber-criminal. An attempt to penetrate and breach all weak-point aspects of your business, with the client’s senior management team approving the exercise.
The findings would include not only technology concerns, weaknesses, or actual simulated security breach achievements, but also include IT staff response levels for each of the events or alert notifications. Did your staff or perhaps your third party Cloud provider react and perform correctly as your current security control and policy defines the response to be? Did your current office wireless network stop an employee falling into a fake wireless network parked outside your office? These are targets focused on using Black Hats practices.
Senior management would then receive the results and share the important finding points to the support teams.
Information Security Risk Analysis
There is a risk in almost every aspect of day-to-day operations for any company. To attempt to mitigate every single type of risk the business could potentially experience is not realistic. It would take large amounts of costs and resources that could greatly impact your current annual IT Budgetary requirements. Corporate information security policy used in the most effective infrastructure risk-potential areas will help give cost justification and find the right balance for all your security framework needs.
That’s why it’s essential to identify only the most important information security vulnerability risks that have the greatest potential for impacting your organization. Your finance department’s banking information security can cost justify many levels of risk mitigation. Bank information security policy management must be kept current and up-to-date with the latest assessment reviews noting the best security practices being used.
Why hire Information Security Specialists?
CyberSec provides years of experience as an outstanding information security company with subject-matter-experts trained in real-world risk mitigation planning and vulnerability assessments. When it comes to discovering potential weaknesses for security attacks in information security infrastructures, we give best-in-breed expertise with every evaluation. We provide expertise in all business levels from small-to-midsize, to enterprise information security architecture topologies.
We are experts in cyber forensics and information security systems. We are current on information security laws that your organization can leverage into your existing framework. We utilize the best information security risk assessment tools to give you the latest in detailed dashboard finding reports.
We specialize in real-world hacker specializations complimented by industry-standard best practices to implement the highest quality assurance possible in your risk assessment findings report.